Anti-corruption and compliance have become increasingly important in the Vietnamese. The consequences of failing to comply with Vietnamese laws are serious and can include the imposition of heavy fines and sanctions, civil damage claims, tarnished reputation, and even criminal liability for responsible individuals. The attorneys and other professionals in our Anti-Corruption & Corporate Compliance Practice assist foreign and Vietnamese companies in analyzing, reviewing, and assessing the risk of non-compliance and establishing and implementing appropriate and effective business practices, corporate policies and rules, codes of conduct and ethics, internal control systems, and monitoring systems to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Our Attorneys regularly provide anti-corruption and corporate compliance training to employees of multinational companies based in Vietnamese and assist companies with implementing internal compliance training programs based on relevant anti-corruption legislation and codes of conduct.
We also provide advice on follow-up remedial measures based on the results of the internal investigation including refining business practices, structuring effective corporate compliance systems, and monitoring systems, and taking disciplinary measures. Alleged violations or breaches we have helped investigate and address include financial misconduct such as embezzlement and bribery, improper labor and employment practices, breach of privacy or data security, and occupational safety issues.
- Risk Assessment, Establishment and Implementation of Business Practices, Corporate Policies, Codes of Conduct, Internal Control Systems, and Monitoring Systems to Ensure Compliance with Vietnamese Laws and Regulations
- Anti-Corruption and Corporate Compliance Training
- Assistance in Conducting Corporate Investigations and Monitoring
Recently, our Practice has been engaged in the following projects:
- Advised on a review company compliance for the Vietnamese operations of several major US businesses.
- Represented a medical device company in conducting a corporate investigation relating to alleged fraudulent practices which have potential implications.
- Advised a major energy company on issues concerning criminal prosecution under Vietnamese law.
- Advised major overseas financial institutions, multinational corporations and key Korean companies in various industries in analyzing and assessing risk of non-compliance and refining internal business practices, company policies and rules, code of conduct, code of ethics, internal control systems, and monitoring systems.
- Provided compliance training to local employees of major multinational companies in various industries which operate in Vietnam.